[Tfug] TFUG Site/List

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 13:23:11 MST 2008

Greetings!

--- Jon <bigj at flatwan.net> wrote:

> TFUG'ers,
>
> Over the past years I have been made several offers
> by people on the
> 'net to purchase tfug.org from myself and Tyler.
> We've discussed these
> offers in private and unanimously decided it wasn't
> good for the users, let alone us.
>
> Well one person that has made offers in the past
> "upped the ante" so we
> began talking about it some more. We concluded that
> the TFUG list
> doesn't really offer any quality information you
> can't obtain from other
> linux/unix enthusiasts lists. It seems people prefer
> the list as place
> to harass and belittle people to make their
> miserable lives seem more
> tolerable. That combined with the lack of
> committment to redo the
> website and get it to modern day standards, we
> (Tyler and I) have
> decided to take the offer and disband the TFUG list.

Yeah, I noticed an announcement on the Transylvanian
Federation of Undead Ghouls (www.bloodsuckers.org)
last night.  I hear they took up a donation and
came up with another 27 *pints*!

I suspect you turned down the offer from the
Teenybopper Frolicking Underage Groupies for fear
of lawsuits/imprisonment?  (can you spell "jailbait"?)

(sigh)  It would have been interesting to see what
they would have done with the domain...