[Tfug] !@#$% apache and virtual hosts...

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:35:11 MST 2007

As you can tell by the headline, I'm a bit annoyed...

Working on setting up apache with virtual hosts...I've followed the docs,
but it's getting....weird.  When
I start up apache, here's what I get -

ml61:/etc/apache2 # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Module "fastcgi" is not installed, ignoring.
Check the APACHE_MODULES setting in /etc/sysconfig/apache2.
[Thu Sep 06 16:23:57 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts
Syntax OK
Starting httpd2 (prefork) [Thu Sep 06 16:23:57 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost
*:80 has no VirtualHosts
                                                                      done
WTF?  Where the hell does this -

[warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

come from?  I don't have that set anywhere in httpd.conf or listen.conf.
I'm a bit at my wits end here.

Here's the tail of my httpd.conf -

<VirtualHost ml61.english.arizona.edu>
  DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs
  ServerName ml61.english.arizona.edu
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost sawp.ml61.english.arizona.edu>
  DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/sawp
  ServerName sawp.english.arizona.edu
</VirtualHost>

Thoughts?  Ideas?  I'll owe you many thanks...Or perhaps a cold beer
at the next happy hour.  :)

  - Chris
--
Chris Robbins