[Tfug] Ubuntu Gutsy Compiling Kernel

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:47:13 MST 2007

What is the chipset of your NIC?  You may have to supply the vanilla kernel
a chipset-specific patch as well as the RTAI one.

I'm not sure the RTAI patch will work with 2.6.23 as well as
2.6.22.xx...theCompletely Fair Scheduler in
2.6.23 I heard hampers the ability to have real-time responses from the
kernel, because the CFS distributes CPU time to all processes equally (and
there isn't a config option to turn it off).

Kind Regards,
Jude Nelson