[Tfug] modem and router combo

Earl earljviolet at juno.com
Sat Oct 27 12:53:02 MST 2007

-- "Ronald Sutherland" <ronald.sutherland at gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/27/07, christopher floess <skeptikos at gmail.com> wrote:

>>256k sounds like low DSL? Throttled data rates are done by buffering data or resending data packets, both cost them extra, everyone should request the low speed >:-)

When I first got my DSL there was a special offer and I was allowed the highest speeds available.  However, about the best I could get was 400 down and 256 up.  When the special offer ended, I went to 256 up and down.

I talked to the Qwest tech who fixed the external line we were having trouble with.  He told me that was probably the best I could normally expect and it was a waste of money to pay for more.  He said the lines were very ancient in this area and if I expect them to improve, I might as well sit by the Santa Cruze River with my hockey skates and wait to use them as that would be more fruitful than waiting for the lines to be replaced.

Earl

"God made man, Sam Colt made men equal."
"The fates guide him who will, him who won't they drag" Spengler