[Tfug] peltier?

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Tue Oct 2 20:40:10 MST 2007

What is the relationship of this reservoir to the radiator?
Maybe the CPU thermal package,  radiator or reservoir is
malsized...

How much heat can the 120 mm radiator with fan of 120 mm
sink, considering efficicncies? Compare this to the CPU heat
rate and efficiency. Then, is the fluid mass and associated
transfer sufficient or overboard?

>From Sean, I continue to hear about quantities & units like
120 mm and 5000 frags and 320 gph. What about the heat
balance? That's where the rubber meets the road.

eg: the cooling thing attached to the CPU under particular
conditions can sink so much, and so on for each component in
the system.

Or, you could do this empirically by measuring the
temperature on each side of the CPU and then on each side of
the radiator. What is the temperature difference across each
unit as a function of time? (for the worst case)

This gives you a clue about how much heat each component
transfers.

If you are at the UofA, consider finding a Mechanical
Engineer candidate that is going though or had
Thermodynamics training.

It's too bad the UofA discontinued the environmentally
responible regimen of nuclear recycliing. I blame that
anti-environmentalist, Jimmy Carter for this.He discontinued
recycling of nuclear fuels. That is nutty.

Before you flame me, consider that nuke plants do not plan
for you to breathe in their waste, unlike fossil fuel
bastards.

Is the CPU simply jacketed by cooling fluid, or is the CPU
attached to some type of heatsink that the cooling fluid
flows through?

If you can't or don't care to work out the calculations, Why
not put an additional radiator/fan in series or parallel
with the existing one?

Between the (computational) egghead analysis method and the
(empirical) shadetree mechanic method, this problem is
doable with existing pieces of hardware, IMO

just mess with it a little.