[Tfug] FreeBSD vs. Linux

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 29 19:07:27 MST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 01:51:17AM +0000, Earl wrote:
> Are these happy hours going to deteriorate into computer sessions?

What Earl's getting at is that the happy hours aren't really set up to
be BYOB (Bring Your Own Box) meetings.  Certainly, people bring the
occasional gadget to show off and break out the laptop on occasion.
But the real goal of the happy hours is to give us a chance to get out
from behind our monitors and socialize with other geeks.  In fact,
Buddy's doesn't even offer wireless access.  (There might be AC
outlets available but I've never noticed.)

Don't get me wrong -- we want you to join us.  It's a great group of
bright, fun people.  And this is definitely a case of "the more, the
merrier."  But come to interact with us, not to bathe in the glow of
an LCD.

See you next Thursday!

Claude