[Tfug] FreeBSD vs. Linux

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:20:38 MST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 7:56 AM, Earl <earljviolet at juno.com> wrote:

> I found the handbook very good as a general beginning *nix reference.
>
> Earl
>

> -- "Predrag Punosevac" <punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:24:32 -0700, andy <andyjones at cox.net> wrote:
>
> You should read Handbook if you want to learn more about FreeBSD as it is
> probably the best peace of documentation about open source OS period

History is good to know

http://www.levenez.com/unix/

and it will be a cold day in hell when I don't use a link form wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD

I always worry about the salesmanship effect, for example  when I ask a
vendor about there own products, or use books about VB from  MS (I sent them
all the the LFFS a few years back). What happens is... I get lots of info
about how wonderful things are (and it may all be true), but I don't get the
pitfalls and traps (that would make the product look bad).