[Tfug] FreeBSD vs. Linux

andy andyjones at cox.net
Wed Nov 28 01:24:32 MST 2007

I appreciate the info and I'll try to make the next happy hour too. I'd
like to see BSD in action/installed, but there's no reason to do a fresh
install, I'll trust you that its just as easy as Linux.

I'm going to assume that BSD because of the tight control is less buggy,
but also less cutting edge? It would make sense in a server environment
as opposed to a desktop where you can live with a few bugs. I was just
wondering whether it would work as well on a notebook with all the WiFi,
sound, and other odd drivers that seem to give Linux fits.

Currently, I fall into the Ubuntu camp, as it simply works out of the
box on my laptops, and requires minimal work on my part to maintain it,
but I'm always interested in learning more about Unix and it's variants.

Andy