[Tfug] Enough of the Politcal Crap

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:01:11 MST 2007

I think you are probably right.

One of the things I like about open source / free Unix / Linux people is they are more lively and seem to be more informed.  That might be that more informed, lively people, chose open source / free Unix / Linux because it suits their needs better.

I do not recall what list I was on however it was windows oriented and the folk on that list were not even the least bit aware of some of the things that were going on. Nor did the care once it was mentioned. It was a shock.

owner can censor what they want.

Malcolm's Honey Co. wrote:
> Eric M. Gearhart wrote:
>> OK but Linux politics is Emacs vs. vi (go nano), GNOME vs. KDE, Andrew Tanenbaum kernels vs. Linus Torvalds kernels, RMS philosophy versus ESR philosophy, etc. etc. ad nauseum
>>
>> Veering off into what a "true patriot" is and linking to Ron Paul videos isn't Linux politics, it's "Politics politics."
>>
>> Just my .02
>>

> I have a thing for the 1st Amendment. The 4th is my favorite, but that's
> another story. I think it is best to keep the forum open. True, it
> sometimes goes astray, but deletion is only a mouse click away. I delete
> 90% of the most technical stuff because it either doesn't interest me or
> it is so far out of my realm  of  understanding that it reads like
> babble.  It's just as easy to do the same to anything that doesn't
> tickle your fancy.

Andy
PGP Key ID: 0x67090A54

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org