[Tfug] [TFUG] Bank of America e-mail

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 06:37:33 MST 2007

Jude,

0) Send them a polite apology. You're wrong.

1) The information you're entering is going into form, client-side. You
aren't transmitting keystrokes. Their form is secure, which means
anything you enter client-side is going to be transmitted to their
server over a secure connection when the client (your browser) POSTs the
data. Even things you enter into the Search box are encrypted -- Look at
the page source.

2) Banks' websites are subject to the same federal regulatory rules that
other financial institutions are.  Look up FFIEC on the web if you're
bored, or need to sleep. They're the regulatory body that governs how
banks handle online security.  A bank as large as BofA being out of
compliance would be unthinkable.

Cheers,
Bowie