[Tfug] Enough of the Politcal Crap

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Sat Nov 24 21:30:29 MST 2007

Malcolm's Honey Co. wrote:

> I have a thing for the 1st Amendment. The 4th is my favorite, but that's
> another story. I think it is best to keep the forum open. True, it
> sometimes goes astray, but deletion is only a mouse click away. I delete
> 90% of the most technical stuff because it either doesn't interest me or
> it is so far out of my realm  of  understanding that it reads like
> babble.  It's just as easy to do the same to anything that doesn't
> tickle your fancy.

Well said!  I too have a soft spot in my heart for those two amendments,
particularly since certain current politicians seem to think they don't
apply to anything they do.

I'm always amazed at the length and breadth of the knowledge of folks on
this list.  Some are true *ix zealots, some are programmers that are way
beyond anything I can comprehend, some are newbies and ask questions
that even I could answer.  ;-)

But it's fun to lurk and listen to the banter and learn something and
that's the most important thing.

There is a key marked "Del" on most keyboards for what doesn't interest you.

George Cohn