[Tfug] Cooling

Sean Warburton hl2addict at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:16:40 MST 2007

if there are no identifiable hotspots, then as long as air is being
pulled/pushed over the unit, area, whatever, it should be good, right?
I would imagine it would be best to use the properties of air
temperatures to your advantage, whatever the case may be. Intake near
the bottom, exhaust near top (hot air rises, cold air lowers,
therefore intake should be lower and thus cooler), unless, of course,
you have a hotspot, like a cpu or something. Computer cases are taking
advantage of this I think, because mine and many others i have seen
have a couple fans near the bottom of the side, front and rear panels,
and exhaust ports on the top and the one the power supply has. I think
the idea is that cold air comes in low and rushes over your video
cards, CPU, hard drives, and then goes out the top. Cant really say
much more than that, sorry. Maybe somebody else knows of a law or
something you were alluding to...
     Sean

PC-BSD v.1.4 (beta)
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium