[Tfug] Tips on finding good Linux programmers?

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 18:06:26 MST 2007

An area that confuses me...  I've got some books that I never finished on
POSIX and  BSD systems, and they left me (VB and windows background) very
confused. I'm definitely not clear on this myself but I got that Linux was a
mixed bag, and included most of both the BSD and POSIX system calls, however
as of a few yeas back was not fully complaint at either (I got that far in
W. Richard Stevens book). Your BSD programmer may in fact be as good with
Linux as anyone else, they may just need to sort out the lib's to link with
(or I could be totally wrong, it happens).