[Tfug] OK, XFCE on an older rig has lost it's mind...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:05:19 MST 2007

Yeah, well now I've borked it completely.  Like an idiot I tried
setting color depth to "8" instead of "24" in xorg.conf to try and
salvage video performance.  Oops.  Killed "X" deader'n'elvis.  And
"rescue mode" is screwed too.

Siiiigh.

Screw it.  I'll load xubuntu alternate 7.10, see if that's more
reliable than loading gnome ubuntu alternate and doing "sudo apt-get
install xfce*" to get XFCE.  The latter trick boogered stuff up
apparently.

Grrrrrr.

Jim