[Tfug] How to allow the user to reboot?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Nov 9 22:12:24 MST 2007

Yes,
       I configured  a client's box like this. He didn't want root
privileges, (I have them)
but, of course, he wanted to be able to shut the box down. The KDE install
I had for him took care of this little detail, (KDE also has a clever
way of getting
around root privileges for other things like dial-up for example).

       The above scenario is for a single user platform with access to the
internet, not multiple users each with an account on a server.

        Myself, I have a server, (Actually, It could be called an X-server).
However, I'm it's only user/administrator, and I trust me. (If you can't
trust yourself who can you trust? :-) )

                                                                   Erich