[Tfug] Anybody try "wicd" as a replacement for Network Manager?

andy andyjones at cox.net
Fri Nov 9 13:09:56 MST 2007

I'll look at some of these other solutions Ryan and see if one will work
for me. I'm thinking about maybe trying the ndiswrapper for Windows
drivers since I do have those available. I appreciate all the
alternatives, I had no idea that many were available. I'll bet one of
them will workl

Right now, I use a LinkSys WRT54G router too, but it's one of the new
cheap ones that doesn't have enough memory for a firmware update. I need
to get one of the Linux versions I guess, so I can experiment.

I also use channel 11 and have no problems at all from this laptop with
Feisty.

I appreciate all the help, and I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I
had a few problems early on with Feisty as well, but it's rock solid now
and allows my XP partition to just collect dust 'figuratively speaking'.

Andy