[Tfug] Followup [Re: Desktop Publishing Software]

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 8 12:00:22 MST 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:34:16AM -0700, Andrew Ayre wrote:
> One of his requirements, I believe, was a system that someone else could
> take over after his stint is done.
>
> Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> > I was not participating in previous discussion but sounds to me that
> > you are better of using Latex/TeX:-)  If you are putting that much
> > effort you might as well learn real thing.

Andy's correct.  Moreover, I work in LaTeX every single day.  Of
course I thought about using it.  But it's not the correct tool for
all tasks--despite what some people think (see, e.g., Beamer).  In
particular, it's not ideal for tasks such as this which are primarily
about presentation and layout, rather than structured content.

Claude