[Tfug] Seeking MicroSD card

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 7 09:53:25 MST 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:55:00PM -0700, Sean Warburton wrote:
> go to buy.com, get a new gmail account, and sign up for google
> checkout for the 10 dollars off. I got a 2 gig card for 14.99, then
> 10 off for a total of 4.99 with free shipping. best deal I have ever
> seen on those...

Just a quick followup re: my search for a microsd memory card.  Thanks
to all for the suggestions.  My reason for asking on the list wasn't
so much about looking for a good price but because I've recently been
working to reduce my consumption and the amount of waste that I
produce.

Nevertheless, I ended up buying new from Newegg which had the best
price.  I tried to use the buy.com discount but when I signed up for
Google Checkout there were various problems and the discount never
presented itself.  Methinks that Google and/or Buy.com still has some
bugs to shake out of the system.

Claude