[Tfug] [tfug] Sun Ultra 5 UPA port?

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Fri May 11 23:42:24 MST 2007

Hello all,

I recently acquired a used Sun Ultra 5 workstation (series 3 (i.e. can
support the 400 MHz UltraSPARC IIi module and 50ns RAM)).  Looking at its
board, it seems to have a UPA graphics port.  This would make sense, because
it's the same board as the Ultra 10, and the Ultra 10 usually ships with a
Creator3D or an Elite3D UPA card.  Has anyone ever heard of someone running
a UPA graphics card on an Ultra 5?  There isn't a gap on the back of the
chassis for one to fit, but that can be changed :)  I'm not sure whether or
not the UPA port is physically enabled, however--can anyone confirm this?

Thanks all,
Jude Nelson