[Tfug] Virtualization Article in WSJ + Questions

Brian Murphy murphy+tfug at email.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:30:57 MST 2007

Quoting "Charles R. Kiss" <charles at kissbrothers.com>:
> If I download VMware using a present Linux kernel, then change the
> kernel, do I have to reinstall the VMware?

You'll have to run vmware-config.pl again.  It's fairly painless.  Just
hit enter a bunch of times to keep the same config.  The rest of your
vmware installation, including the guests, doesn't change.

> Or, is it better to install
> it using the WindowsXP partition (since the Windows XP OS will probably
> not change as often)?

Asking such a thing on a unix list...tsk tsk.

Brian

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be
taken as a position, opinion, or endorsement of the University of
Arizona.