[Tfug] OT: Certified Network Administrator / Engineer

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri Jun 8 09:01:15 MST 2007

hharden71 at netzero.net wrote:
> I realize that this is off topic, but I figured that someone here would know.
> I have an acquaintance that is interested in being a Certified Network Administrator or Engineer, and being the nice person that I am I thought I'd ask you knowledgable people.
> Is there a particular course of study like at Pima or the UofA for this sort of career?
> Thanks,
> H. Harden

<http://www.pima.edu/program/cis/sys_admin_network_aas.shtml>

AAS in System Admin/Networking.  It's a two year program but sometimes
one or more of the advanced courses isn't offered due to low enrollment.

Along the way, you can pick up a Linux System Admin certificate, a Cisco
System Admin certificate, a MS Windows System Admin Certificate, and a
System Administrator certificate as all the required courses apply to
them as well.

The Cisco classes also prepare you for the CCNA examination.  Ron Evans
teaches them and is very knowledgeable.

That's what I am doing. Just need 2 more Windows courses and I will have
all 4 certificates and the degree.

Note, I worked in the IT field for 32 years and took most of the classes
over the last two years.  They were fairly easy for me but even a newbie
would get a great deal out of them.

George Cohn