[Tfug] Indian restaurant

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Thu Jun 7 09:54:12 MST 2007

On 06/07/2007 08:47 AM, Wafa Hakim Orman wrote:
> If you want _good_ Indian food, you'll have to drive to
> Phoenix, or Tempe, & then you will be spoiled for choice.
> (Start with Copper Kettle, Kohinoor & Pasand & work your way
> on.)

We were in Phoenix for a church event and made sure to leave time
to hit one of the Indian restaurants there. We were very pleased.
I definitely recommend going up. In fact, I am itching for some
decent Indian food. Maybe we should make a TFUG group trip up
there for anyone interested. I can take 5 in my wife's van.

> However, my pick for the least bad Indian restaurant in Tucson
> would be Gandhi, on Stone & Ft. Lowell, for the buffet

I have eaten at three of the six local restaurants. Gandhi,
Sher-e-Punjab, and Bombay Grill. My choice for the best is Bombay
Grill. I will try Sher-e-Punjab again since it has been a while.

I moved here from the Washington DC Metropolitan area and have
been very disappointed by the available ethnic cuisine. 5 minutes
from my house was a great Indian restaurant that is much better
than anything in Tucson. And within 30 minutes from my house, I
had a choice of at least 15 Indian restaurants of which about 10
were very good. And it was the same for most other ethnicities.
Phoenix seems to be on par with DC.

But Tucson deserves credit for the best Mexican I have ever had.
:-)

--
Glen