[Tfug] Happy Hour Suggestion

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:09:23 MST 2007

On 7/26/07, William Stott <WStott at ventanamed.com> wrote:
> I thought that this was frowned upon by our friendly law enforcement...no?
>
> Will

As long as you follow the laws, shooting is allowed on public land
managed by the BLM. Here are the laws:

Shooting and possession and use of firearms are allowed on public
lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management provided that the
specific shooting activity involved:

* Does not create a public hazard, public nuisance or direct threat to
public safety and use. (Title 43 CFR Sec. 8365.1 ~ (a)(1)&(2)

* Does not damage or destroy natural features, native plants, cultural
resources, historic structures or government and/or private property.
(Title 43 CFR Sec. 8365.1 ~ 5(a)(1)

* Does not facilitate and create a condition of littering, refuse
accumulation and abandoned personal property. (Title 43 CFR Sec.
8365.1)

* Does not violate an existing use restriction, closure order or
supplementary rules notice. (Title 43 CFR Sec. 835