[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 08:53:43 MST 2007

I host at Godaddy and have most of my domains registered at Godaddy or DomainsPricedRight a Godaddy owned affiliate under Wild West Domains which is one of Bob Parsons group of companies.

BTW Bob was the creator of TurboTax.

I can say they are very affordable and have rock solid hosting and products.  Having worked there I can say things rarely break.  I worked for another hosting company here in the valley that was a mess.  I will not go into it however they made a ton of mistakes.  Godaddy does things right.  They know how to scale a hosting facility.

If you have a fundamental understanding of how hosting and the internet work, you can get a job there and make some ok money as well. I worked at GoDaddy for a year and I learned a lot from the company and from my coworkers.  I learned a bunch about SEO from a coworker.  That knowledge has come in very handy.  Through applying that knowledge to my website I am now getting all my business off the web.

For those who do not know, Godaddy is headquartered in Scottsdale and has several facilities in the downtown and East Valley.

Chris Niswander <cn.tfug.account at bitboost.com> wrote:
So, does anyone have anything positive to say from experience?

(now that we've exercised our flaming muscles)

--Chris

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Keith Smith