[Tfug] [OT] Domain name registrars: picks/pans?

Jon bigj at flatwan.net
Mon Jul 9 14:34:15 MST 2007

Rich wrote:
> So, by that yardstick, "business" is doing what the hell you like!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Daddy#Controversies
>
> I've also seen evidence that Godaddy hosts spammers, and further
> evidence that they will not respond to requests to shut them down.
>
> I guess they've been taking classes in Good Business Practices
> recently, because they're desperately trying to improve their image.
> Idiots.
>
> Haven't had a problem with Network Solutions. I also use registration
> services through 1and1 (but if you ever want to leave 1and1, you have
> to cancel your credit card), and Dreamhost (no problems at all).
>
> R.

Not spammers! Oh my! C'mon. Things like this happen. Spammers
deliberately end up on a network like that by procuring services or by
means like malware/viruses on innocent machines. I'm sure if you ran
that business area though you'd have it shaped up in no time at all.

And like Wikipedia hasn't had their share of bad publicity in the past:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-11-29-wikipedia-edit_x.htm.

I think we should all stop using them as a source of information as a
result of this.

--
Jon