[Tfug] spam filtering appliance

William Stott wstott at ventanamed.com
Sun Jan 28 20:05:31 MST 2007

I recently switched from Puremessage to Ironport. Being the Admin of the
domain entitled me to the two worst accounts (postmaster and webmaster) and
I used to get ~700 messages/day that I would have to set rules for on my
email client. Since switching to Ironport, I have gotten a total of 4
messages. Not 4/day, just 4....

If you have the budget for Ironport, I would highly recommend it. I would
also recommend that you let the Ironport guys run you through the install.
They did this for free, and it made a huge difference.

If you have no budget, try setting up spamd / spamassassin, etc. They used
to work fine for me.

Hope this helps you...

Will