[Tfug] Ideas for the ultimate "Grandma Millie" distro...

Anthony Hess runenfool at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 13:22:24 MST 2007

I think Ubuntu/Debian type distros are good (apt is great) but it
might be less work, as mentioned earlier, to just reformat once (Im of
the school of thought that once your box has been compromised its time
to format) and then install proper tools and educate them.

Yea they still may get hit, but unless they have very particular uses
for their machine that you can predict then you're going to be going
back to move them to Windows when something they want doesn't work.
That could be software, peripherals, or just "how to do" something.

Its a tough call - you are going to get drawbacks any direction you
go.  How about VMWare Player and an image?  Have them surf the web in
that.

Tony