[Tfug] OT: Cox cable

Brad Becker investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us
Fri Jan 26 16:58:33 MST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:40:05 -0700, Ranjan Grover
<ranjan.grover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well if you're planning to get cable internet for $50/mo, basic cable
> is free with it, but you have to ask them to hook you up, otherwise
> they don't do it, the bastards.  BTW, I discovered that Tucson is
> kinda pricey as far as high speed internet is concerned.

It isn't likely to change either considering our region is serviced by a
DSL provider (Qwest) that's not only billions in debt but still doesn't
cover wide areas in town.  Same old tired, broken-record promotions
offering no bandwidth improvement, no competition.  FIOS?  That's a
pipedream here.

Brad Becker