[Tfug] AVG antivirus for linux

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:53:53 MST 2007

I don't use any anti-virus for Linux, b/c most of the problems tend to be
with getting rooted not from viruses.  I use stronger passwords than most
of my friends, and I generally don't allow login as root.  I have so far not

needed any.  I also keep up on my security updates from Ubuntu, et al.

I suspect that there will someday be openoffice or thunderbird or firefox
viruses sometime, but so far I'm not worried.