[Tfug] My Opera browser has malware

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:35:56 MST 2007

What about nuking your Opera install?  Clear all bits of it out, perhaps
search a few times to make sure it's totally gone (file/folders, any local
profiles stored, etc) and then make a clean re-install.

Keep us posted...This sounds awfully interesting...

-Chris

On 1/5/07, Brad Becker <investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us> wrote:

> > Seems I've been infected with some type of malware which redirects to
> > mediaplex.  I'm using Opera and Kubuntu.  In searching for a removal
> > solution I see numerous avenues available to Win users, none so far for
> > Linux.  One of the reasons for moving to Linux was to avoid crap like
> > this.
> >
> > What do I do?  Thanks.
> >
> > - Brad Becker
>
> Additional info:  this seems to be invoked specifically when trying to go
> yahoo mail by typing mail.yahoo.com.
>
> I can delete the mediaplex cookie using Opera's tool functions but the
> cookie reappears.

Chris Robbins
Systems Programmer
Department of English - University of Arizona
http://www.homerengineeringcorp.net