[Tfug] SUV [OT] gas

bigj at flatwan.net bigj at flatwan.net
Wed Sep 20 22:31:58 MST 2006

> Any four-door vehicle can fit you, your spouse, and two child seats +
> brats
> and still have room in the trunk for your geek kit and groceries.

I will take the high road and assume you're making a generalization about
children.

However not *any* four-door vehicle can fit me and my family. Not really
up for arguing as only I can decide what is comfortable and fitting for
me. I'm sure you can fit in a suit that is 1 or 2 sizes too small but
would you want to?

I do however wish I could fit in smaller vehicles. I prefer them over
their road and gas hogging cousins.

>Have you ever heard of a babysitter?

How is babysitting relevant to what vehicles I or anyone else drives?

>Make more frequent trips to the store and buy
> less each time on your way to or from wherever else you don't really need
> be going (or don't, I hate seeing your brats in stores)...

What gives with the brats thing?

> While this might seem slightly irrelevant to some regarding TFUG, i say
> similar things to people who keep insisting on using windows or macOS, kde
> or gnome, work harder and lose the fat.

See, OS zealots are just not tolerated in these neck of the woods ;)
Remember what works for you doesn't always work for other people. In fact
most professional employers dislike a zealot mentality. Hey I love Linux
and Unix. It has it's place on my network and my employers network. There
is also a place for Windows and other crap. It most environments its about
getting the job done. Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix all have their place for
getting jobs done.

> 19.7% of gas price goes to government tax.  Isn't it funny how our laws
> state that we can't include tax in the price of anything on stickers,
> labels, but in GAS it's not mentioned separately?
>
> Our gov taxing the bad things we use is incentive for us to not use it.
> The
> income the gov gets from those taxes is incentive for them to keep it
> going.
>   Where is the incentive to sponsor renewable resources?  Who really owns
> Ford, GM, etc.?

Let me take a hit off my hookah so I can understand these last paragraphs.
Nope, still not making the connection :) I'm messing with ya.

--
Jon