[Tfug] Wootness! Etch + KDE + Xgl + Compiz + NVIDIA working!

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 21:20:54 MST 2006

On 10/30/06, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you running the Nvidia beta drivers?  I had similar problems until
> I did that.  I followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Install/Ubuntu/Edgy/nVIDIA

I'm using Debian, not Ubuntu.  The packages are pretty incompatible--I ended
up removing all of X.org once by trying to use the Ubuntu Compiz packages!

I'm already using the latest 1.0.9625 NVIDIA drivers--I need them for
Compiz.  I tried using AIGLX and Xgl (with appropriate parameters), but
neither worked.

I'm happy with Compiz--it's more stable and conforms to the Free Desktop
Standards (although you need some GNOME software installed to make it work
due to its gconf dependencies).

Jude Nelson