[Tfug] tfug Digest, Vol 39, Issue 58

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 16:12:56 MST 2006

Hi, Bryan,

--- Bry Melvin <brymelvin at melvinart.com> wrote:

> > One side needs to be DB25S (female) and the other
> > side needs to be HD50P (male).
>
> I have such a setup: I used it to connect from a
> CompaQ scsi computer to a Umax scanner

Hmmm... usually Umax scanners have one DB25 and
one Centronics50 connector on them.  I.e. I
could use this cable "as is" to plug directly into
such a scanner's DB25 port.  (I should verify that
on the scanners that I have...)

The problem is getting it to connect to the HD50's
that are so much more common in my equipment...

> When I needed it I serched SCSI adapters on EBAY
>
> I've still got the scanner as a Backup and it WAS
> hard to find, so I won't sell it,

I just need to know if such a thing *exists*.
It's frustrating to go looking for soomething
only to discover that it *doesn't* exist!
(since there is no way to know, a priori if
it does NOT exist... but, you can find someone
who *has* one and thus deduce that it *does*!)

Thanks!
--don