[Tfug] Free Pizza

Brad Becker investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us
Fri Nov 17 20:22:46 MST 2006

And I'm on the hook ... maybe :)

The '2006 WIYB Boinc Challenge' just started, supported by a few TFUG
members who've
developed and admin a very popular local hardware/software/gaming/etc site
called
'What's In Your Box?'.

Have a spare linux machine or two?  Here's the challenge details:

http://www.whatsinyourbox.org/index.php/topic,2225.0.html

Ok, admittedly not a large inducement (particularly for out-of-towners)
other than putting your pc(s) to work for a good cause ... or the
satisfaction of making me poorer :)

One thing tho ... I did learn a thing or two about linux. Fun too!

Win, Mac and other clients available plus dual-core support.

Here's one of those TFUG member's stats:
http://qah.uni-muenster.de/hosts_user.php?userid=16168

Cautionary note: good power & cooling is essential because Boinc pushes
cpu load to 100%. The faster the cpu the better though anything over 800
mhz should get the job done to meet pizza quota.

Own a few Core2Duo's? Then I'm probably toast.

If you missed the link to the FAQ it's:

http://www.whatsinyourbox.org/index.php/topic,701.0.html

Hope to see you at Mama's Jan 18th!