[Tfug] Sun hardware

Ammon Lauritzen ammon at simud.org
Fri Jul 14 09:13:08 MST 2006

Stephen Hooper wrote:

>The company I am employed at has a crapload of Sun hardware that I am
>trying to get rid of.
>
>Currently, I have about 7 Sun Ultra 30's, 4 Sun Ultra 10's, and maybe
>2 Sun Ultra 60's.

I've been looking for a sparc to sit next to my alpha for a while now,
and would be interested in taking one of them off of your hands if
they're not all claimed yet. You said the machines were sans hd's, but
are otherwise intact - ie, I shouldn't have to scrounge for ram or
anything in order to get the machine running? What about optical drives?

I'd prefer an ultra 60 if they're the dual cpu models but would
otherwise want one of the ultra 10's - they're ide, not scsi, right?

Let me know when a good time is and I can swing down there pretty much
whenever. Thanks

Ammon