[Tfug] [stein.les at gmail.com: TCS General Meeting]

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 01:19:08 MST 2006

I think it would be impressive to show a Live CD automatically
detecting sound, peripherals, cd, playing mp3s etc on a standard
desktop/laptop, and "just working".  For any practical non-unix-guru
who is actually considering a switch from windows to linux, these are
the things that will be important.  This is especially true of people
who have attempted (and failed) to switch in the past, when linux on
the desktop was much more primitive.  It might also be compelling to
people who want a new OS that runs better than win98 or win2k, but
don't necessarily want to give microsoft ~$150 for XP (or whatever
Vista will cost)

-- Chad