[Tfug] Refurb Macs - which to get?

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Thu Aug 17 10:22:17 MST 2006

While you could play with OS-X with an older Mac, I don't think it's
worth the cost.

Beyond the cost of the mac and extra memory, you would need to buy the
latest version of OS-X ($130).

I would get an Intel Mac Mini, and hook it up to a KVM (no need for a
monitor, keyboard, or mouse then).

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6454002/wo/SaG6T9trGqGu39JED4E1A9Vx314/2.?p=0

You might also want to look at the apple recertified.

I don't know if you can actually buy this, or if it is just for K-12
schools, but here is a stripped down intel imac:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-800-APPL/WebObjects/K12.woa/6274006/wo/mX1MB9WEplX92CLeSL12SNcWIr9/3.?p=0

                         Harry