[Tfug] Anyone know of a decent X VNC Client?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:29:58 MST 2006

By "decent", I mean one with buttons on the GUI, for stuff like
ctrl-alt-delete, force refresh, 256-color mode, maybe a startup dialog
that remembers recently used hosts, ports, and options.

I've tried realvnc, and tightvnc, but they are so lame compared to
UltraVNC on windows (which has that cool autoscale feature and the
video driver hook that makes it almost as fast as Remote Desktop).

Yes, I know I could figure out the command line options and write
startup scripts, but I connect to a lot of different systems via VNC,
and I just really don't get off on spending my time writing scripts or
learning keybindings when I can just click a button to do the same
thing on the windows version.  I already have to write enough scripts
and learn enough keybindings for my other work!

-- Chad